sarahope

The Loaded Bookshelf

I'm an Editor in book publishing. All opinions are my own.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
John Berendt
American Rust
Philipp Meyer
The First Rumpole Omnibus
John Mortimer

Where Did They Go?

The Ha-Ha - Dave King Good Grief - Lolly Winston The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson Nice to Come Home To - Rebecca Flowers

Have you ever found an author you really really liked who just seemed to vanish off the face of the earth? Who wrote one or two books and then never produced again?

I always wonder why. Did the author die? Is it a case of writer's block? Is writing fiction just not a profitable enough endeavor for them to devote time to? Or maybe that author only had one book in him in the first place and never had much of a story to tell again. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised by a new release, but some authors really do disappear for good.

Above are some of the authors I wonder about the most. Each produced his or her last work several years ago, and there's no sign of an upcoming work. As far as I know, all are still alive. So where are they? All I can do is cross my fingers and hope that another book is in the cards. And if not, I guess I have no shortage of other things to read anyway.

Did any of your favorite authors pull a vanishing act?